* With the win, UCLA's record in season openers improves to 55-24-5, and 5-0 in the last five years. The Bruins are 5-2 in season openers under head coach Bob Toledo.
* UCLA has now won six straight season openers on its home field.
* UCLA has now won 15 of its last 22 games versus ranked opponents.
* UCLA's series record against Colorado State improves to 2-0.
* Bruin head coach Bob Toledo improves his UCLA record to 43-27.
* Senior place-kicker Chris Griffith moved up to sixth on UCLA's all-time scoring list with 216 points, surpassing Heisman Trophy winner Gary Beban (214) and Chris Sailer (213).
* Quarterback Cory Paus moved up to third on the UCLA career passing yardage charts with 5,372 yards passing, surpassing Tommy Maddox, 1990-91 (5,363) and Troy Aikman, 1987-88 (5,298).
* In the fourth quarter, Bruin strong safety Ben Emanuel registered the first defensive two-point conversion in UCLA history, running back a fumble to the end zone during a Colorado State two-point conversion attempt.
* Both teams utilized trick plays on back-to-back second-half scoring drives. Colorado State running back Cecil Sapp threw his first career touchdown pass to Joel Dreessen, and UCLA freshman wide receiver Junior Taylor ran for a 49-yard touchdown on a reverse for his first career touchdown. It was the first time Taylor had ever touched the ball as a Bruin.
* Taylor's touchdown is the first offensive touchdown scored by a UCLA true freshman since Nov. 21, 1998 when DeShaun Foster scored four against USC.
* UCLA quarterback Drew Olson became the first true freshman quarterback to play in the season opener since Cade McNown in 1995.
* Eight true freshmen played for UCLA today - Taylor, Olson, J.D. Groves (fullback), Marcedes Lewis (tight end), Jarrad Page (defensive back), Glenn Ohaeri (special teams), Justin London (special teams) and Wesley Walker (special teams). In addition, five redshirt freshmen played - Spencer Havner (linebacker), Tyler Ebell (running back), Mike McColskey (center), James Jessen (special teams) and Wendell Mathis (running back).