Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements
2015 Summer Camp dates will be posted in January, with registration beginning February 1st! Be sure to check back periodically!
|Former Camper Mark Weber|
All UCLA Track & Field camps will be directed by Anthony Curran, Volunteer Jumps Coach and Director of Track & Field Camps
HOLIDAY TRACK & FIELD CLINICS
- Distance Clinic: December 22nd & 23th
- Sprints & Hurdles Clinic: December 22nd & 23th
- Boys & Girls, ages 12-18
- 10:00am-3:00pm daily
- $300 per Clinic
HOLIDAY TRACK & FIELD CLINICS
The Holiday Track & Field Clinics are the best way to get a head start on training for the upcoming Track & Field season. With choice of instruction in Distance or Sprints & Hurdles, campers are presented with a chance to learn from some of the top coaches in the country, as well as current Bruins! First-hand instruction will be provided by:
- Assistant Coach Forest Braden - Distance
- Assistant Coach Joanna Hayes - Sprints
- Volunteer Assistant Coach Darrell Smith Jr. - Hurdles
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
The camps are conducted primarily at Drake Stadium, home of the UCLA Bruins Track & Field teams. Day camp fees do not include meals; campers should bring a lunch from home, or money to purchase one from the food court in nearby Ackerman Student Union.
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) - accepted only with online registration
- Check (by mail only - check payment not available for online registration)
- Full payment OR deposit of $150 per session, with the remaining balance due by June 1. (Only full payment is accepted after June 1)
- All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- MORE THAN 1 WEEK PRIOR TO THE START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $25 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $10 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $10 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 1 WEEK OF THE START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $50 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $25 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2015 track & field camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2015 track & field camps and cannot roll over beyond 2015. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Campers can receive a discount for certain sessions, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527