BRUINS GYMNASTICS ACADEMY - DAY CAMPS
- Session #2: July 28-31 REMAINDER OF CAMP CANCELLED
- Camp hours: 9:00AM-4:00PM
- Girls, ages 51/2-121/2
- $450 per camper
- Lunch is not provided
OVERNIGHT CAMP PROGRAM
The six-time National Champion UCLA Bruins Gymnastics team will be hosting their annual summer camp in the John Wooden Center, home to THE UCLA Gymnastics training center, the Yates Gymnasium. The camp Directors and UCLA Gymnastics coaches, Chris Waller and Randy Lane are coming together for 3 days to coach, inspire, and guide campers toward achieving their dreams. UCLA coaches and current athletes provide their Bruin insight into being champions. Campers will be put into groups based on their skill level, and train with their respective groups during camp. They will set goals for camp and beyond, keeping track of their daily progress. Campers will learn team work by participating in team activities in their training group. Each training group will keep track of its progress during the camp, with recognition being given to goals achieved for the group. Goal setting will not be limited to gymnastics skill, but also to other contributing factors to success, like attitude, positive self talk, and focus.
COUNSELORS & CAMP HOURS
Current members of the UCLA Bruins Gymnastics Team will serve as counselors for the camp, and will live in the dorms with the campers. The camp is open to all girls, ages 7-18. There are two day camper options available, regular and extended day campers, as well as the resident option. The Day Camper hours are 9:00AM-5:00PM, and is designed for younger campers (includes lunch). The Extended Day Camper hours are 9:00AM-8:30PM (includes lunch and dinner). Resident campers must be at least 9 years of age.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND CAMP?
The camp is designed for all talent levels, from beginners all the way up to elite gymnasts. (Please note that previous experience can be beneficial, as most of our campers do tend to be competitive gymnasts)
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This amazing staff provides campers with an atmosphere of inspired learning, combined with a lot of fun. Basic gymnastic skills are reinforced, while new skills and skill progressions are pursued. Simply stated, the camp is a complete venture into UCLA Gymnastics, a chance to experience some of what your Bruins experience in their own training (without the midterms!) the UCLA coaching staff are dedicated to improving the skills of each and every gymnast. Campers will train in all four competitive events, plus trampoline, dance, flexibility, posture, and mental "buffness." The coaching staff will also include top coaches from other universities and clubs. All camp fees include a camp t-shirt.
TYPICAL CAMP SCHEDULE
|8:00AM||Breakfast (for Resident Campers)|
|8:45AM||Day Camper Drop-Off|
|5:00PM||Dinner/Day Camper Pick-Up|
|7:00PM||Evening Programs (including Sport Psych, Open Gym, Skits)|
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Campers will check in at between 8:00 and 9:00AM on July 11 at the designated residence hall, and will check out from the dorm at 5:00PM on July 13. There will be a closing ceremony in the John Wooden Center on the last day, at 4:30PM. Directions and further instructions will be emailed to you following registration.
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
The UCLA Gymnastics Camp is held in the John Wooden Center, home of UCLA Bruins Gymnastics. Overnight campers stay in the UCLA residence halls, and meals are served in the award-winning UCLA residential restaurants. The residential restaurants offer a variety of food on an all-you-care-to-eat basis for a well-rounded, balanced diet. Overnight campers are housed in double-and triple-occupancy rooms, and are supervised by coaches and counselors also staying in the residence hall. Roommate preferences will be accommodated whenever possible, but cannot be guaranteed. If no roommate is requested, roommates will be assigned according to age. IF ATTENDING IN LARGE GROUPS OF 4 OR MORE, PLEASE CONFIRM WITH EACH OTHER WHO EACH CAMPER'S ROOMMATE REQUEST WILL BE.
The Bruins Gymnastics Academy Day Camps will follow a similar program to the one taught during the school year, with Coach Randy Lane directing both sessions. Campers will be introduced to and/or continue to learn the fundamental basics on the vault, uneven bars, balance beam, floor exercise, as well as the trampoline. Students will work towards improving basic beginner, as well as some advanced skills, while gaining overall strength, balance and flexibility in the sport of gymnastics. This program is great for both beginner gymnasts curious about the sport, and for those that are interested in competing in the sport!
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
- In order to register by mail, complete the application form and return it to:
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
PO Box 24044
Los Angeles, CA 90024-0044
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) - accepted only with online registration
- Check payable to "UC Regents" (by mail or in person only - check payment not available for online registration)
- Full payment OR deposit of $150 per session, with the remaining balance due by June 1. (Only full payment is accepted after June 1)
- All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $20 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $10 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $35 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason) - NO REFUNDS
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards Bruins Gymnastics Academy or 2015 summer gymnastics camp, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards Bruins Gymnastisc Academy or 2015 summer gymnastics camps and cannot roll over beyond 2015. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Campers can receive a $25 discount per session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups). You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each parent must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents.