Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements.
YOUTH DAY CAMP
- June 29-July 1 (3 days, Mon-Wed)
- Girls, ages 8-13
- Daily Camp Hours: 9:00AM-3:00PM
- $300 per person
OVERNIGHT CAMP *ALL OPTIONS SOLD OUT* (Wait List available via online registration)
- July 6-8
- Girls, ages 13-18
- $535 Resident (sleeps in the dorms)
- $410 Commuter (dropped-off & picked-up daily)
- Saturday, July 18
- Girls, ages 13-18
- $185 per person (includes lunch)
- Sunday, July 19
- Girls, ages 13-18
- $185 per person (includes lunch)
The UCLA Volleyball Camps feature UCLA coaches, top high school and club coaches, as well as many of the current and former UCLA Volleyball team members - 2011 NCAA Champions! Participants will receive individual training in competitive volleyball fundamentals, tactics, and advanced training techniques. All camp fees include a camp t-shirt, a certificate of completion, and awards. Head Coach Mike Sealy, 2011 AVCA National Coach of the Year, directs all sessions of Girls Volleyball Camps. Check out the Bruins this summer, and join the UCLA Experience!
The Youth Day Camp (ages 8-13) is designed for younger girls of all experience levels, with an emphasis on fundamental skills of the indoor game and having fun. Check-in takes between 8:30-9:00 AM on the first day, and the camp itself runs from 9:00-3:00PM each day. Drop-off for subsequent days will be between 8:45 and 9:00AM. Parents will be required to sign-out their campers each day. Day Camp Sample Itinerary
The Overnight Camps (ages 13-18) are intended for players who are seeking a more competitive session of volleyball, providing an intense 3-day session of instruction and games for players with some volleyball experience. Campers will be grouped by age and ability. The morning sessions are typically devoted to individual technical skills while the afternoon sessions focus on team offensive and defensive practice and strategy. Scrimmages and competitive games take place in the evening sessions. Check-in will take place on the first day of camp from 8:00-9:00AM, and check-out is at 4:00PM on the last day. Check-in and check-out will take place at the residence halls; directions will be emailed to you upon registration. Overnight Camp Sample Itinerary
The Setter and Libero Clinics are for girls ages 13-18, and are specific to those positions. The clinics are designed for girls of all skill levels. The Setter Clinic will focus on body position, posture, hand placement, directional release, and footwork. For advanced players, it will also discuss how to read the block, how to read the defense, situational setting, floor leadership, and play calling. The Libero Clinic will focus on the serve receive and defensive techniques for the back row specialist and libero, as well as body position, footwork, movement skills, platform, contact, and digging techniques. These clinics will each run from 9:00AM-5:00PM, and will include lunch in UCLA's residential restaurants. Setter Clinic Sample Itinerary. Libero Clinic Sample Itinerary
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
The UCLA Girls Volleyball Camps will use a combination of facilities. The Youth Day Camp will take place in the Student Activities Center on the first day, and Pauley Pavilion on subsequent days. The Overnight Camp will use The New Pauley Pavilion as the main courts, as well as the Student Activities Center. The Setter & Libero Clinics will take place in the Student Activities Center.
Commuter fees for the overnight camp include instruction, as well as lunch and dinner. Commuters must check-in on the first day of camp at the same dorm location at the resident campers. Commuter sessions on the following days will run from 9:00AM to approximately 9:00PM, or 4:00PM on the third day; a detailed daily schedule will be provided at check-in.
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Cards accepted (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) through online registraion. Credit cards will not be accepted in person or over the phone.
- Cash payments only accepted in person
- Full payment OR deposit of $150 per session, with the remaining balance due by June 1. (Only full payment is accepted after June 1)
- All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
The UCLA Waiver of Liability is filled out with the online registration process. If you do not register online, you will have to fill out a hard copy of the waiver.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $25 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $50 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) 50% of Camp Cost Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $100 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDITS WILL NOT BE GIVEN
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2016 Summer Girls Volleyball Camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2016 Summer Girls Volleyball Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2016. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Parents can receive a $25 discount per eligible camper session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. When you get to the cart page during registration, enter "WOODENUGFU25" in the Coupon Code field to activate the $25 discount (if applicable). If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COUPON CODE PRIOR TO PAYING FOR CAMP, THE DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE ADDED RETROACTIVELY.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527