Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements.
|Head Coach Stella Sampras Webster|
- Session #1: June 9-12 *FULL*(4 days)
- $560 per person
- Lunch is not included
- Session #2: June 16-20 *FULL*
- $700 per person
- Lunch is not included
- Session #3: June 23-27 *FULL*
- Session #4: July 7-11 *FULL*
- Session #5: July 14-18 *FULL*
- $750 per person
- Lunch is provided
- Boys & Girls, ages 7-18
- Camp hours: 8:45AM-5:00PM
- Private Evening Lessons: $50/hour, dinner optional ($25), your choice of counselor
Our goal is to enhance your children's skills as well as their enjoyment of the game in an energetic and positive learning environment. The camp is open to boys and girls of all levels, ages 6-18. Upon camp completion, each camper will receive an Adidas t-shirt and a Certificate of Success. The Stella Sampras and Rance Brown UCLA Tennis Camp is a perfect way for your child to enhance their skills and love for the game of tennis. Camp is patterned after coach John Wooden's "Pyramid of Success," and its path to "Competitive Excellence." Instruction will be led by UCLA Head Coach Stella Sampras, Assistant Coach Rance Brown, and current and former Bruin tennis players. Space in the camps are limited so be sure to sign up today.
- Daily on court instruction from Coach Sampras and Coach Brown
- Morning drills and afternoon matchplay
- Singles and doubles instruction
- Movement and conditioning mechanics
- Low camper to counselor staff ratio
- Using Quick Start Tennis (newly adopted youth tennis format)
- Fun free time for campers to enhance their enjoyment of the camp
- Assist with teaching your children camaraderie, athlete interaction, and team unity
TYPICAL CAMP SCHEDULE
|9:00AM||Camp meeting in clubhouse|
|1:00PM||Optional Tennis & free time (rest, pool, basketball, flag frisbee, etc.)|
|2:00PM||Match play and/or team tennis|
|5:00PM||Pick-up/Sign-out (dinner break for private evening lessons)|
|6:00PM||Private Evening Lessons (choice of counselor)|
CHECK-IN/DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
Check-in/drop-off for the day camps will take place in Parking Structure #7 daily, from 8:30-8:45AM. Counselors will greet parents each morning at the plaza steps entrance, and walk campers to the LATC. Check-out daily at 5:00PM will be at the same location, with counselors walking campers over to the sign-out area. Pick-up for private evening lessons will also take place in Lot #7 at their conclusion.
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
- In order to register by mail, complete the application form and return it to:
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
PO Box 24044
Los Angeles, CA 90024-0044
(Be sure to include your current email address, to which confirmation of your registration will be sent, along with directions, packing instructions, and additional information leading up to the camp. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts.)
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) - accepted only with online registration
- Check (by mail only - check payment not available for online registration)
- Full payment OR deposit of $250 per session, with the remaining balance due by May 1. (Only full payment is accepted after May 1)
- All outstanding balances as of May 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
New for 2014, the UCLA Waiver of Liability is filled out with the online registration process. If you do not register online, you will have to fill out a hard copy of the waiver.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- PRIOR TO MAY 15
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $100 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $20 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $10 Credit Fee
- MAY 15 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $250 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $35 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): NO REFUNDS
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2015 Stella Sampras tennis camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2015 summer Stella Sampras Tennis Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2015. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Campers can receive a $25 discount per session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527