2014 UCLA SAND VOLLEYBALL CAMPS
Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements
SAND VOLLEYBALL CAMP
- July 22-23
- Girls, ages 13-18
- $350 per person
- Daily Camp Hours: 9:00AM-4:00PM
This brand new training camp for all abilities is directed by UCLA Head Coach Stein Metzger. Campers new to the game will be introduced to the fundamentals - vocabulary, positioning, basic game strategy, etc. Campers already playing sand volleyball will enhance their skills, i.e. digging, transition setting, transition hitting, etc. The camp will be held at the brand new Sunset Canyon Recreation Center Volleyball Stadium on campus at UCLA.
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
- In order to register by mail, complete the application form and return it to:
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
PO Box 24044
Los Angeles, CA 90024-0044
(Be sure to include your current email address, to which confirmation of your registration will be sent, along with directions, packing instructions, and additional information leading up to the camp. Please add email@example.com to your Contacts.)
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) - accepted only with online registration
- Check (by mail only - check payment not available for online registration)
- Full payment OR deposit of $150 per session, with the remaining balance due by June 1. (Only full payment is accepted after June 1)
- All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
A new UCLA Sports Camps Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement is required each year for every camper, and must be signed by the camper's parent or guardian before s/he may participate in any camp activities. The waiver may be submitted at the time of registration, or at any point before the start of camp. If the signed waiver has not already been received with registration and payment, a copy will be sent via email.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- PRIOR TO JUNE 15
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP - additional $20 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT* - Additional $10 Credit Fee
- JUNE 15 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER - Additional $35 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT* - Additional $25 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason) - NO REFUNDS
- TRANSFER - Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT* - Additional $50 Credit Fee
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2014 summer cross country camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2015 summer sand volleyball camps and cannot roll over beyond 2015. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you sign-up your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Campers can receive a $25 discount per session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527