Due to upgrading our registration system, registration will begin on February 19th, so be sure to mark your calendar!
Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements.
BOYS ELITE VOLLEYBALL CAMP
- July 29-31
- Boys, Ages 12-18
- $600 Resident (sleeps in the dorms)
- $500 Commuter (dropped-off & picked-up daily)
The UCLA Elite Volleyball Camp is geared to help maximize volleyball potential. Players whose goals are to improve their individual technique and tactical knowledge will find a challenging and rigorous program with excellent competition and instruction. The camp will be led by Assistant Coach Brad Keller and the rest of the UCLA Men's Volleyball staff. Boys Elite Volleyball Camp Sample Itinerary
TYPICAL CAMP SCHEDULE
|9:00AM||Hitting: Frontrow, Backrow & Setter-Hitter Connection|
|1:15PM||Transition, Secondary Setting, Defensive Systems|
|6:30PM||Team Play & 6v6 Competitive SKills|
|8:30PM||Back to Dorms|
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
The UCLA Volleyball Camps are held in Pauley Pavilion, as well as the Student Activities Center Gym, where the Bruin teams practice and compete. Overnight campers stay in the UCLA residence halls, and meals are served in the award-winning UCLA residential restaurants. The residential restaurants offer a variety of food on an all-you-care-to-eat basis for a well-rounded, balanced diet. Their food choices range from items like soup and salad bars to American, Italian and various other cuisines. Overnight campers are housed in double- and triple-occupancy rooms, and are supervised by coaches and counselors also staying in the residence hall. Roommate preferences will be accommodated whenever possible, but cannot be guaranteed. If no roommate is requested, roommates will be assigned according to age.
HOW TO REGISTER
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Cards accepted (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) through online registraion. Credit cards will not be accepted in person or over the phone.
- Cash payments only accepted in person
- Full payment ONLY
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $25 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $50 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) 50% of Camp Cost Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $100 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDITS WILL NOT BE GIVEN
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2017 Boys Volleyball Camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2017 Summer Boys Volleyball Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2017. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Parents can receive a $25 discount per eligible camper session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. When you get to the cart page during registration, enter "WOODENUGFU25" in the Coupon Code field to activate the $25 discount (if applicable). If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COUPON CODE PRIOR TO PAYING FOR CAMP, THE DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE ADDED RETROACTIVELY.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527