Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements
- Session #1: July 21-25
- Session #2: July 28-August 1 - CAMP TAKING PLACE AS SCHEDULED
- Session #3: August 4-8 - FULL/SOLD OUT: WAIT LIST ONLY
- Session #4: August 11-15 - FULL/SOLD OUT: WAIT LIST ONLY
- Session #5: August 18-22
- $1175 Resident (sleeps in dorms)
- $950 Late Commuter (8:45AM-9:00PM, includes lunch & dinner)
- $720 Early Commuter (8:45AM-5:00PM, includes lunch)
- Session #6: August 25-28 (4 days - DAY CAMP ONLY)
- $575 (includes lunch)
- 8:45AM-5:00PM daily
The UCLA Tennis Camp is open to boys and girls, ages 7-18. (Children must be at least 9 years old to be resident campers.) Men’s Tennis Head Coach Billy Martin directs all sessions, and the camp staff includes UCLA Men’s Tennis Assistant Coach Grant Chen, as well as experienced collegiate players and coaches. All ability levels are welcome! Each camper will receive a camp t-shirt, and a certificate of completion. Join Coach Martin this summer and experience the “commitment to excellence” which symbolizes the Bruin tradition both on and off the court.
- Singles & Doubles match play and tournament play
- Movement & Conditioning mechanics
- Teaching aids such as ball machines and backboards
- Videotape and instant replay analysis
- Daily instruction and drills, individually and in small groups
- Physical fitness program & proper stretching
- Coaching fundamentals: grips, footwork, etc.
TYPICAL CAMP SCHEDULE
|7:30am||Breakfast (for Resident campers)|
|8:00am||Optional Early Morning Tennis (for Resident campers)|
|8:45am||Drop-off/Morning Exercises & Stretching|
|9:15am||Drill on fundamentals & video analysis|
|12:30pm||Free time (optional tennis, swimming, rest)|
|1:15pm||Tournaments, challenge matches, doubles, team tennis|
|4:15pm||Optional tennis/games courts|
|5:00pm||Day Camper/Early Commuter Pick-up|
|5:15pm||Dinner (Late Commuter & Resident campers)|
|6:15pm||Private lessons/games courts/target masters|
|8:30pm||Free Time & optional late night tennis|
|9:00pm||Later Commuter pick-up|
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
All UCLA Tennis Camps take place at the Los Angeles Tennis Center, as well as the Sycamore Courts. Overnight campers stay in the UCLA residence halls, and meals are served in the award-winning UCLA residential restaurants. The residential restaurants offer a variety of food on an all-you-care-to-eat basis, for a well-rounded, balanced diet. Their food choices range from items like soup and salad bars to American, Italian and various other cuisines. Overnight campers are housed in double- and triple-occupancy rooms (when available), and are supervised by coaches and counselors also staying in the residence hall. Roommate preferences will be accommodated whenever possible, but CANNOT be guaranteed. If no roommate is requested, roommates will be assigned according to gender and age.
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
- In order to register by mail, complete the application form and return it to:
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
PO Box 24044
Los Angeles, CA 90024-0044
(Be sure to include your current email address, to which confirmation of your registration will be sent, along with directions, packing instructions, and additional information leading up to the camp. Please add email@example.com to your Contacts.)
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) - accepted only with online registration
- Check (by mail only - check payment not available for online registration)
- Full payment OR deposit of $250 per session, with the remaining balance due by May 1. (Only full payment is accepted after May 1)
- All outstanding balances as of May 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
New for 2014, the UCLA Waiver of Liability is filled out with the online registration process. If you do not register online, you will have to fill out a hard copy of the waiver.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $100 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $20 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $10 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 72 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $250 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $35 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason) - NO REFUNDS
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT: Additional $50 Credit Fee
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2014 holiday or 2015 summer tennis camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2014 Holiday Tennis or 2015 Summer Tennis Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2015. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Campers can receive a $25 discount per session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527