Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements.
- Collegiate Prep Rowing Camp #1: June 21-24
Collegiate Prep Rowing Camp #2: August 11-14*CANCELLED*
- Girls Only, ages 13-18
- $585 Resident only
The UCLA Rowing Camp will focus on the basic fundamentals of the rowing stroke for beginners as well as experienced rowers and coxswains. Instruction will be primarily in eight oared racing shells, as well as on indoor rowing machines. The UCLA coaching staff will use the same principles and teaching methods they have utilized with great success at the national team level, as well as with collegiate varsity and novice squad rowers. They will be aided by current members of the UCLA Rowing team, who understand the challenges of learning good rowing technique while also enjoying the process. Rowing offers an excellent opportunity for crossover athletes from other sports to be involved in an NCAA Division I sport. Camp fees include a camp t-shirt, a certificate of completion and awards. Join us this summer and learn from the best in the country! Sample Itinerary
CHECK-IN/DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
Overnight Camp check-in will be from 3:00 to 4:00 PM on the first day of camp on UCLA's campus. Check-out is at 12:00PM on the final day of camp, at the UCLA Boathouse in Marina del Rey. Directions and further instructions will be emailed upon registration.
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
The UCLA Rowing Camp uses the same facilities as the Bruin Rowers, including the UCLA Boathouse in Marina del Rey. Campers will be shuttled between the marina and campus each day. Resident campers stay in the UCLA residence halls, and meals are served in the award-winning UCLA dining halls, which offer a variety of food on an all-you-can eat basis for a well-rounded, balanced diet. Overnight campers are housed in double- and triple-occupancy rooms, and are supervised by coaches and counselors also staying in the residence hall. Roommate preferences will be accommodated whenever possible. If no roommate is requested, roommates will be assigned according to age.
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Cards accepted (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) through online registraion. Credit cards will not be accepted in person or over the phone.
- Cash payments only accepted in person
- Full payment OR deposit of $150 per session, with the remaining balance due by June 1. (Only full payment is accepted after June 1)
- All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
The UCLA Waiver of Liability is filled out with the online registration process. If you do not register online, you will have to fill out a hard copy of the waiver.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $25 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $50 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) 50% of Camp Cost Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $100 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDITS WILL NOT BE GIVEN
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2016 Rowing Camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2016 Summer Rowing Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2016. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Parents can receive a $25 discount per eligible camper session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. When you get to the cart page during registration, enter "WOODENUGFU25" in the Coupon Code field to activate the $25 discount (if applicable). If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COUPON CODE PRIOR TO PAYING FOR CAMP, THE DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE ADDED RETROACTIVELY.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527