YOUTH WATER POLO DAY CAMPS
Session #1: July 11-14- *CANCELLED*
- Session #2: July 18-21
- Session #3: August 9-12 (Tue-Fri)
- Boys & Girls, ages 8-13
- Daily Camp Hours: 9:00AM-3:00PM
- $410 per person
ADAM WRIGHT'S ELITE WATER POLO CAMP
- June 20-22
- Boys, ages 8-18
- $600 Resident (sleeps in dorms)
- $475 Commuter (dropped-off & picked-up daily)
COED WATER POLO CAMPS
- Session #1: August 2-4
- Session #2: August 5-7
- Boys & Girls, ages 14-18
- $550 Resident (sleeps in dorms)
- $405 Commuter (dropped-off & picked-up daily)
The UCLA Water Polo Camps offer competitive learning environments for athletes interested in improving their knowledge, skills, and overall confidence in the sport of water polo. Each camper should have two years of water polo and/or VERY strong swimming experience in order to participate. Campers will receive training from the best coaches and athletes in the country. The camp staff is led by the UCLA coaching staffs, as well as current members of the men’s and women’s water polo programs. Campers will receive personal skill instruction by position, in addition to learning UCLA’s approach to conditioning, cross-training, nutrition, team strategy, and various philosophies of the game. They will learn both offensive and defensive strategies, and how to adapt them in game situations. Campers will take with them the knowledge and confidence necessary to excel in the sport of water polo. Camp fees include a camp t-shirt and awards. Be a part of the UCLA tradition and join us for an exciting summer of Bruin water polo!
YOUTH WATER POLO DAY CAMPS
The Youth Water Polo Day Camps are designed for younger swimmers and polo players just starting to learn the sport. Camp emphasis will be on fundamental training and basic game skills. A strong swimming background is recommended for campers new to the sport, for safety reasons. Day Camp Sample Itinerary
ADAM WRIGHT'S WATER POLO CAMP
Adam Wright's Water Polo Camp will be directed by UCLA Men's Head Coach, and 3-time Olympian, Adam Wright. Camp is open to boys only, ages 10-18 and will concentrate on the fundamentals that are vital for each player to take the next step in their game. Campers will be provided with insight into what it takes to play at the Division I level and will experience first-hand what it is like to be a UCLA Student Athlete!. Adam Wright's Water Polo Camp Sample Itinerary
COED WATER POLO CAMPS
Both Coed Water Polo Camps are open to boys & girls, ages 14-18. Instruction will be led by the UCLA Women's Water Polo staff. The emphasis of these camps is on water polo fundamentals and position-specific training. Offensive scoring and goalkeeping will be the highlight of the Coed Water Polo Camps. Coed Camp Sample Itinerary
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
All UCLA Water Polo Camps are held on campus at the Spieker Aquatics Center, home of both the Men's and Women's UCLA Bruins Water Polo teams.
Commuters must check in on the first day of camp at the same dorm location as the resident campers. Commuter sessions on the following days will run from 9:00AM to approximately 5:30PM (times are tentative). A detailed daily schedule will be provided at check-in.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Cards accepted (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) through online registraion. Credit cards will not be accepted in person or over the phone.
- Cash payments only accepted in person
- Full payment ONLY
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
The UCLA Waiver of Liability is filled out with the online registration process. If you do not register online, you will have to fill out a hard copy of the waiver.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, transfer, or credit request will fall under the following policies (all fees are per session):
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $25 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 TO 48 HOURS OF THE START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $50 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) 50% of Camp Cost Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $100 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDITS WILL NOT BE GIVEN
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2017 Summer Water Polo Camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2017 Summer Water Polo Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2017. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Parents can receive a $25 discount per eligible camper session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. When you get to the cart page during registration, enter "WOODENUGFU25" in the Coupon Code field to activate the $25 discount (if applicable). If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COUPON CODE PRIOR TO PAYING FOR CAMP, THE DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE ADDED RETROACTIVELY.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527