Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements
YOUTH DAY CAMPS
- Session #1: June 22-25
- Session #2: June 29-July 2
- Session #3: July 20-23
- Boys & Girls, ages 8-18
- $410 per camper (lunch is not provided)
- Camp hours: 9:00AM-3:00PM
- Session #1: July 12-14
- Session #1: July 14-16
- Boys & Girls, ages 10-18
- $610 Resident (min. age 14)
- $475 Commuter
- Recommended 1-year of competitive diving
Head Coach Tom Stebbins and his divers will direct all sessions of Dive Camp.
YOUTH DAY CAMP PROGRAM
The UCLA Diving Camp is designed for campers at any and all levels of diving, from the beginner to the advanced. Athletes will be grouped by age and ability. The focus will be on the dry-land stretching routines of successful divers, as well as the technical work done to help achieve success at the desired level. The program will begin each day with a dry-land stretching session, followed by intense water work. A break for lunch (please bring a lunch from home) and some activities will be followed by another water workout and then dismissal from camp. The UCLA Diving camp gives divers of all levels the chance to learn from the very best, including members of the UCLA Dive Team and coaching staff. Day Camp Sample Itinerary
DAY CAMP CHECK-IN/DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
Check-in will take place on the first day of camp between 8:30 and 9:00AM, at the Spieker Aquatics Center. Drop-off on subsequent days takes place from 8:45-9:00AM. The camp runs from 9:00AM to 3:00PM daily. Campers can be picked up at 3:00PM each day. Directions and further instructions will be emailed to you following registration. Please bring a lunch from home.
OVERNIGHT CAMP PROGRAM
UCLA Diving Overnight Camps will give the athlete greater insight into the operational part of diving and how progressions are achieved at UCLA. Using techniques and teachings the UCLA Diving Team hears and sees throughout their time as student-athletes at UCLA, campers will learn the intricacies of what is necessary to help them achieve their short and long term goals. Our process will help the athlete to develop a cognitive approach to what it is they are aspiring to learn, before the physical part is instituted. Camp is limited to 24 participants. At least four full time coaching professionals will be involved in all aspects of the camp (ratio no greater than 6 campers per coach). Dive Academy Sample Itinerary
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
The UCLA Dive Camps will take place at the same facilities used by the UCLA Bruins Swim & Dive teams. The Spieker Aquatics Center, which features an all-deep water pool, was built in the fall of 2009. There will be dry-land training at the nearby Sunset Canyon Recreation Center Park Pool Dryland Training Center. The Training Center has a dryboard, a trampoline with a spotting rig, somersault stations, as well as several other pieces of training equipment. Resident campers for the overnight sessions will stay in the UCLA residence halls, and all meals will be served in the award-winning UCLA dining halls.
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Cards accepted (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) through online registraion. Credit cards will not be accepted in person or over the phone.
- Cash payments only accepted in person
- Full payment OR deposit of $150 per session, with the remaining balance due by June 1. (Only full payment is accepted after June 1)
- All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp
All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp.
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies (all fees are per session):
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $25 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $50 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) 50% of Camp Cost Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $100 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT WILL NOT BE GIVEN
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2016 Dive Camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2016 Summer Dive Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2016. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Campers can receive a $25 discount per session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. When you get to the cart page during registration, enter "WOODENUGFU25" in the Coupon Code field to activate the $25 discount (if applicable). If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COUPON CODE PRIOR TO PAYING FOR CAMP, THE DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE ADDED RETROACTIVELY.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527