2014 UCLA BOYS BASKETBALL SUMMER CAMPS
Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements
- Session #1: June 23-26
- Session #2: July 21-24
- Boys, ages 6-12 (CAMPERS THAT HAVE COMPLETED THE 7th GRADE CANNOT ATTEND)
- $335 per camper
- Daily camp hours: 9:00AM-3:00PM
- Lunch is not provided
- After-Camp Shooting available: 3:00-4:30PM
- $125/week or $40/day
- Session #1: July 10-13
- Session #2: August 1-4
- Boys, ages 9-18
- $560 Resident (stays in the dorms)
- $445 Commuters (dropped-off & picked-up each day)
At the UCLA Bruin Basketball Camp, campers learn how to become well rounded, team-oriented basketball players, just like the legendary UCLA Bruins. These sessions offer intense, specialized basketball instruction with an emphasis on the fundamentals including dribbling, shooting, rebounding and defense. The UCLA Bruins Basketball Camp provides a rewarding and enjoyable experience for campers of all ability levels. Our staff features UCLA coaches, as well as experienced coaches from all over the country. Camp fees include a camp t-shirt and certificate of completion. Be a part of the UCLA Bruin tradition and join us on campus this summer!
Camp activities include detailed fundamental instruction, lectures on proper offensive and defensive techniques, as well as individual and team competition. All campers are grouped according to age and ability. Check-in will take place on the first day of camp between 8:00-9:00AM, and the camp runs from 9:00AM-3:00PM daily. On the following days, campers can be dropped off as early as 8:30AM. Parents/Guardians are required to sign out their campers daily at 3:00PM, and must be prepared to show proper identification. On the final day of camp, there will be a closing ceremony at 2:30PM, which parents are invited to attend. We will pass out camp balls, certificates and various awards. (DUE TO THE VOLUME OF CAMPERS, TEAMMATE REQUESTS WILL NOT BE TAKEN)
- This option for day camp provides supervision for those campers whose parents require a later pick-up time, or for campers that just want to shootaround longer. Campers will receive additional instruction in Pauley Pavilion every day in various shooting techniques:, layups, free-throws, 3-pt shooting, rebound positioning, etc. Coaches will supervise your child from 3:30-4:30PM. The cost is $125 for the entire session, or $40 per day.
These camps are intended for older players who are becoming more serious about basketball and developing their skills, both individually and in a team environment, to the fullest of their extent. Lectures on NCAA recruiting and academic requirements will also be offered. The camp is open to boys, ages 9-18. Check-in will take place from 1:00-2:00PM on the first day of camp, at the designated residence hall. On the final day of the camp, there will be a closing ceremony at 11:30AM, followed by dorm check-out. Directions and further instructions will be emailed upon receipt of registration and payment. It will include how to get here, how to park, and what to do for the closing ceremonies, if you wish to attend.
Commuter fees for the overnight camps include all instruction, as well as lunch and dinner each day. Commuters must check-in on the first day of camp at the same dorm location as the resident campers. Commuter sessions on the subsequent days will tentatively run from 8:30AM-9:30PM. A detailed daily schedule will be provided at check-in.
TYPICAL OVERNIGHT CAMP SCHEDULE
|8:30AM||Breakfast & Commuter Drop-Off|
|11:00PM||Bed Check & Lights Out!|
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
All UCLA Boys Basketball Camps take place in Pauley Pavilion, as well as the Student Activities Center Gym (formerly the Men's Gym), and the Saxon Outdoor Courts. Overnight campers stay in the UCLA residence halls, and meals are served in the award-winning UCLA residential restaurants. The residential restaurants offer a variety of food on an all-you-care-to-eat basis, for a well-rounded, balanced diet. Their food choices range from items like soup and salad bars to American, Italian and various other cuisines. Overnight campers are housed in double- and triple-occupancy rooms, and are supervised by coaches and counselors also staying in the residence hall. Roommate preferences will be accommodated whenever possible, but CANNOT be guaranteed. If no roommate is requested, roommates will be assigned according to age.
HOW TO REGISTER
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
- In order to register by mail, complete the application form and return it to:
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
PO Box 24044
Los Angeles, CA 90024-0044
(Be sure to include your current email address, to which confirmation of your registration will be sent, along with directions, packing instructions, and additional information leading up to the camp. Please add email@example.com to your Contacts.)
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) - accepted only with online registration
- Check (by mail only - check payment not available for online registration)
- Full payment OR deposit of $150 per session, with the remaining balance due by June 1. (Only full payment is accepted after June 1)
- All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
New for 2014, the UCLA Waiver of Liability is filled out with the online registration process. If you do not register online, you will have to fill out a hard copy of the waiver.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $20 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $10 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $35 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): NO REFUNDS
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT: NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN PAST THIS DEADLINE
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2015 basketball camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2015 Summer Basketball Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2015. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Campers can receive a $25 discount per session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527