Sunset Canyon Recreation Center
The Sunset Canyon Recreation Center serves as a secondary pool for the UCLA men's and women's water polo teams. An ideal setting for collegiate water polo, Sunset Canyon is located off the northwest side of DeNeve Drive, just east of the residence halls. The center features a 50-meter pool with diving facilities, a 25-yard family pool, picnic and barbecue areas, a sand volleyball court and large grass areas for sunning, frisbee and volleyball. In addition, there are 10 lighted regulation tennis courts. Also available are an outdoor amphitheater, various meeting rooms and lounges, adjacent parking and access for people with disabilities.
Parking for the Sunset Canyon Recreation Center is in the 'RC' Lot right next to the pool. Click HERE for a detailed map of parking structures. The main UCLA campus map with additional parking information is located HERE.
Directions to a number of on-campus UCLA facilities can be accessed by clicking HERE.
More information can be obtained by visiting the Sunset Canyon Recreation Center website located HERE.
- Noisemakers including thunder sticks, musical instruments, whistles, air horns and boom boxes
- Weapons or projectiles
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass or metal containers of any size
- Hard or soft sided coolers in the seating areas
- Plastic drink containers (except 2 liters or less with factory seal intact)
- Boxes or wrapped packages of any size
- Unsliced fruits or vegetables
- Animals (other than service animals required because of a disability)
- Balls or toys
- Laser pointers
- Poles or sticks
- Unauthorized video cameras, monopods or tripods
- Skates, skateboards, scooters or bicycles
- Strollers in the seating areas
If you have any other questions, please contact the UCLA Sports Information Office at (310) 206-7870. The office is open Mon.-Fri. between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.