Francis earned a score of 13.45 on the event, finishing just three-tenths out of second place. As she did in qualifications, she posted the highest execution score in the competition, tying gold medalist Kseniia Afanaseva from Russia with an E score of 8.45. Francis performed a clean routine with tumbling passes of a double pike, double tuck and 2.5 twist.
Francis, who won the floor and beam titles at the 2010 British Championships, was the only British gymnast competing in the event finals. She qualified with the third-highest score in Monday's preliminaries, 13.75, which would have tied for second place today.
During her freshman season at UCLA in 2013, Francis competed in every meet, hitting all 31 of her routines and earning first-team All-America honors on the balance beam.
2013 World University Games Floor Exercise Results
1. Kseniia Afanaseva, Russia - 14.350
2t. Ellie Black, Canada - 13.750
2t. Elsa Garcia Rodriguez Blancas, Mexico - 13.750
4. Kim Bui, Germany - 13.700
5. Yu Minobe, Japan - 13.550
6. Danusia Francis, Great Britain - 13.450
7. Angelina Kysla, Ukraine - 13.225
8. Sakura Noda, Japan - 13.050
9. Aliya Mustafina, Russia - 12.875