Feb. 28, 2009
Fullerton, Calif. - The eighth-ranked UCLA women's tennis team posted its 10th victory of the season on Saturday, cruising to a 7-0 victory over Cal State Fullerton at the Titan Courts in Fullerton.
UCLA (10-2) was in control from the start, losing just three games in all three doubles matches to take an early 1-0 lead into singles.
Once in singles, the Bruins cruised to straight-set wins on all six courts.
UCLA hosts No. 9 USC next Wednesday at the Los Angeles Tennis Center beginning at 1:30 p.m.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
#8 UCLA 7, Cal State Fullerton 0
1. Remynse/Schnack (UCLA) def. Inglis/Injejikian (CSF) - 8-0
2. Seguso/Wetmore (UCLA) def. Andrews/Cruz (CSF) - 8-1
3. Dockendorf/Lind (UCLA) def. Akhmedova/Bullock (CSF) - 8-2
UCLA Wins Doubles Point
1. Andrea Remynse (UCLA) def. Leslie Bullock (CSF) - 6-0, 6-0
2. Yasmin Schnack (UCLA) def. Shelly Injejikian (CSF) - 6-1, 6-1
3. Carling Seguso (UCLA) def. Karina Akhmedova (CSF) - 6-1, 6-2
4. Stephanie Wetmore (UCLA) def. Jerusha Cruz (CSF) - 6-1, 6-1
5. Anna-Viktoria Lind (UCLA) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF) - 6-1. 6-0
6. Jordan Dockendorf (UCLA) def. Lani Agsalud (CSF) - 6-0, 6-0