June 11, 2007
Cyndi Gallagher and the UCLA swim and dive team has announced the competition schedule for the 2007-08 season. Next year the Bruins will play host to five dual meets highlighted by Pac-10 match-ups between Stanford, Cal and USC.
The divers will have several big invitational meets beginning with the Trojan Invite in November. They will then compete at the Texas Invite in late November/early December before heading to Honolulu for the Hawaii Invite in January.
The swimmers will return to West Lafayette, IN for the Purdue Invitational, their first major competition of the season, while the short and long course National Championships in Georgia are also on the schedule.
UCLA will open up Pac-10 play against Oregon State in a tri-meet with UCSB in October and then travel to the Arizona schools in November before hosting Stanford, Cal and USC to close out the regular season.
The Pac-10 Swimming Championships will be held in Long Beach, while the diving portion of the meet will be held in Federal Way, WA. The diving Zone Championships will be held in Oklahoma City, OK again, while the NCAA Championships are to be held at Ohio State.
The Olympic Trials are also on the schedule for the Bruins as the 2008 Beijing Olympics will be held in late August.
2007-08 Swim & Dive Schedule
- Friday, October 5 - Idaho (Men's Gym Pool)
- Saturday, October 13 - at UC Santa Barbara/Oregon State (swim only)
- Saturday, October 27 - U. of San Diego (swim only-Men's Gym Pool)
- Friday-Saturday, November 2-3 - at Trojan Invite (dive only)
- Friday, November 9 - at Arizona State
- Saturday, November 10 - at Arizona
- Friday-Sunday, November 16-18 - at Purdue Invitational (West Lafayette, IN)
- Thursday-Saturday, November 29-December 1 - at Short Course National Championships (Atlanta, GA)
- Sunday, December 2 - at Long Course National Championships (Atlanta, GA)
- Thursday-Saturday, November 29-December 1 - at Texas Invite (dive only-Austin, TX)
- Friday, January 4 - at UC San Diego (swim only)
- Friday-Saturday, January 18-19 - at Hawaii Invite (dive only-Honolulu, HI)
- Saturday-Monday, January 19-21 - at Long Beach Grand Prix
- Friday, February 1 - Stanford (Men's Gym Pool/Sunset Rec)
- Saturday, February 2 - California (Men's Gym Pool/Sunset Rec)
- Friday, February 8 - USC (Men's Gym Pool/Sunset Rec)
- Wednesday-Saturday, February 27-March 1 - at the Pac-10 Swim Championships (Long Beach)
- Thursday-Saturday, February 28-March 1 - at Pac-10 Diving Championships (Federal Way, WA)
- Sunday, March 2 - Pac-10 Swimming Invitational (Long Beach)
- Thursday-Saturday, March 10-12 - at NCAA Zone E Championships (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Thursday-Saturday, March 17-19 - at NCAA Championships (Columbus, OH)
- April TBD - at U.S. Open Championships (Diving-tbd)
- April 3-6 - at Stanford Grad Prix (long course, swim only-Palo Alto, CA)
- April TBD - at U.S. Diving Indoor Nationals (tbd)
- Thursday-Sunday, May 15-18 - at Santa Clara Grand Prix (long course, swim only-Santa Clara)
- Thursday-Sunday, June 5-8 - at Omaha Grand Prix (long course, swim only-Omaha, NE)
- Thursday-Sunday, June 29-July 6 - at U.S. Olympic Team Trials (Omaha, NE)