Jan. 14, 2011
What has been your favorite memory during your time at UCLA?
The high spirit and energy that the team shows during dual meets. Racing is the best and shows the payoff of all our hard work.
If you could do another sport at UCLA, what would it be?
Soccer because it's a contact sport. I miss running around the field and tackling people.
Do you have a pre-meet ritual? If so, what is it?
Zoning out to my ipod. I like being able to turn it up on high and tune the rest of the world out.
What is your favorite song playing in your IPOD right now?
`Naïve' The Kooks.
Who is your hero?
Amanda Beard is the true embodiment of a competitive athlete. Her success is a result of her willingness to learn and positive mental attitude. She knows no limits and continues to push the barriers of swimming.
What's your favorite thing to eat?
Vanilla ice cream.
What is your favorite thing to do away from the pool?
Going up to Sunset to have play days. It's fun to get a whole group of people together and play volleyball, Frisbee, football, etc.
What is something most people don't know about you?
I'm that crazy girl in the car who blasts the music and belts out the song despite the fact that I can't sing.
Name a TV show you are embarrassed to watch.
Pretty Wild on E!
What is your favorite movie?
The Garden State.
What website do you visit most often?
What is your favorite Coach Wooden quote?
`Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.'
What does it mean to be a Bruin?
1) Positive attitude. A Bruin is someone who finds the positive in failure because they see it as a portal of opportunity to do better.
2) Motivation. A Bruin thrives off the anticipation of performing to the best they can possibly give.
3) Humility. A Bruin doesn't know the word ego because they have humility laced through all of them.
4) Fearless courage. A Bruin possesses an `I have nothing to lose attitude.' They understand that you never know how great you can be until you push the limits of life. No limits, no ceiling, just go for it.
5) Competitive greatness. A Bruin never stops competing.