Jan. 19, 2011
Athletic Director Dan Guerrero announced today that UCLA will reduce the Wooden Athletic Fund donation levels required for priority seating at Men's Basketball games in the renovated Pauley Pavilion. Over 11,000 seats will be affected by this change while, as previously stated, 2,100 public seats will not require any donation.
"We are happy to announce that due to the enormous generosity of hundreds of donors during our Campaign of Champions, all per seat Wooden Athletic Fund donation requirements throughout renovated Pauley Pavilion will be reduced by 20 percent from the previously-announced levels," said Guerrero. "While this campaign is not yet completed, we currently have $65 million committed in cash and signed pledges plus $22 million in proposals under consideration as we drive towards our overall goal of $100 million. Based on feedback, we believe that this reduction will be welcome news to our fans and supporters.
"We also anticipate generating additional funds through sponsorship and naming rights opportunities. There has been a concerted effort by many in pursuit of this goal and there is still more work to be done. We are convinced that members of Bruin Nation will continue to answer the call. I am confident that we will surpass our targeted campaign total."
Earlier today, the Campaign of Champions leadership committee met to review the status of the campaign and discussed the decision to reduce donation levels.
"The leadership committee was very pleased to hear about the reduction in the yearly Wooden Athletic Fund donation levels for seating in the renovated Pauley Pavilion", said Matt Pauley, co-chair of the Campaign of Champions. "We would like to thank all of the current donors to the Campaign of Champions, as it is through their generosity that the Athletic Department was able to make this reduction. As a Campaign, we set out with a goal of raising $100 million in private funds and have achieved almost 70% of that goal. We look forward to exceeding that goal over the next 18 months."
Construction of Pauley Pavilion is well underway. The contractor has begun to install the steel frame of the exterior concourse and the facility remains on schedule to open for competition in the fall of 2012.
Arrangements for the interim venue for the 2011-2012 men's basketball season are being finalized and should be announced by mid February. Season ticket renewals for that year will be mailed out later this spring with a deadline of June 1st, 2011. In accordance with this adjusted renewal timeline, the new Bruin Priority Point Program lock-in date for seat selection in renovated Pauley Pavilion will also be June 1st, 2011.