Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age and/or grade requirements.
|Head Coach Stella Sampras Webster|
- Session #1: July 25-29
- Session #2: August 1-5
- Session #3: August 8-12
- Session #4: August 15-19
- Session #5: August 22-26
- $780 per person
- Lunch is provided for all sessions
- Boys & Girls, ages 7-18
- Camp hours: 8:45AM-5:00PM
Our goal is to enhance your children's skills as well as their enjoyment of the game in an energetic and positive learning environment. The camp is open to boys and girls of all levels, ages 6-18. Upon camp completion, each camper will receive an Adidas t-shirt and a Certificate of Success. The Stella Sampras and Rance Brown UCLA Tennis Camp is a perfect way for your child to enhance their skills and love for the game of tennis. Camp is patterned after coach John Wooden's "Pyramid of Success," and its path to "Competitive Excellence." Instruction will be led by UCLA Head Coach Stella Sampras, Assistant Coach Rance Brown, and current and former Bruin tennis players. Space in the camps are limited so be sure to sign up today! Sample Itinerary
- Daily on court instruction from Coach Sampras and Coach Brown
- Morning drills and afternoon matchplay
- Singles and doubles instruction
- Movement and conditioning mechanics
- Low camper to counselor staff ratio
- Using Quick Start Tennis (newly adopted youth tennis format)
- Fun free time for campers to enhance their enjoyment of the camp
- Assist with teaching your children camaraderie, athlete interaction, and team unity
TYPICAL CAMP SCHEDULE
|9:00AM||Camp meeting in clubhouse|
|1:00PM||Optional Tennis & free time (rest, pool, basketball, flag frisbee, etc.)|
|2:00PM||Match play and/or team tennis|
|5:00PM||Pick-up/Sign-out (dinner break for private evening lessons)|
|6:00PM||Private Evening Lessons (choice of counselor)|
CHECK-IN/DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
Check-in/drop-off for the day camps will take place in Parking Structure #7 daily, from 8:30-8:45AM. Counselors will greet parents each morning at the plaza steps entrance, and walk campers to the LATC. Check-out daily at 5:00PM will be at the same location, with counselors walking campers over to the sign-out area. Pick-up for private evening lessons will also take place in Lot #7 at their conclusion.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Cards accepted (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) through online registraion. Credit cards will not be accepted in person or over the phone.
- Cash payments only accepted in person
- Full payment ONLY
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies (all fees are per session):
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $100 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $25 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $250 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $50 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) 50% of Camp Cost Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $100Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDITS WILL NOT BE GIVEN
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2017 Stella Sampras Tennis Camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2017 Summer Stella Sampras Tennis Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2017. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Parents can receive a $25 discount per eligible camper session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. When you get to the cart page during registration, enter "WOODENUGFU25" in the Coupon Code field to activate the $25 discount (if applicable). If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COUPON CODE PRIOR TO PAYING FOR CAMP, THE DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE ADDED RETROACTIVELY.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527