There are two basic types of camp formats that we offer - day camps, and overnight camps. Day camps take place generally Monday through Thursday, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm; and some even offer after-care programs that include extended instruction, for those parents seeking a longer day. Overnight camps are generally for older campers that are looking for a more intense camp experience that includes sleeping in the dorms, eating in the award-winning dining halls, and seeing what it's like to experience life as a Bruin.
Each sport's head coach is in charge of the respective camps, using a combination of current and former athletes, as well as local high school, junior college and university coaches as counselors for all sessions of camp. Some camps also feature guest speakers from the within UCLA community - including former Bruin greats. Some day camps will utilize campus pools to cool off.
All camps are open to any and all registrants, within certain age limitations. Please check each camp page for more specific information.
- Baseball - Steele Field at Jackie Robinson Stadium, home of the UCLA Bruins Baseball team, is located a few minutes west of UCLA's campus on the Veteran's Administration grounds. Camps will also utilize the Gifford Hitting Facility.
- Basketball - Newly renovated Pauley Pavilion, as well as courts in the John Wooden Center, the Student Activities Center, and the outdoor Saxon Residential basketball courts.
- Diving - Spieker Aquatics Center
- Football - Spaulding Field, Intramural Field, North Athletic Field, and Drake Stadium.
- Gymnastics - Newly renovated Yates Gymnasium in the John Wooden Center, home of the UCLA Bruins Gymnastics Team, as well as auxiliary court space.
- Soccer - Intramural Field, North Athletic Field,
- Track and Field - Drake Stadium
- Swimming - The Elite Swim Academy will be held at the Spieker Aquatics Center. Youth camps will be held at the recently-renovated Student Activities Center Pool and the North Pool.
- Rowing - The UCLA Boathouse in Marina del Rey houses all of our Rowing camps. Athletes in the overnight camp will be bused between the marina and campus each day.
- Tennis - Los Angeles Tennis Center, home to the UCLA Tennis teams, as well as the Sycamore Courts.
- Volleyball - Newly renovated Pauley Pavilion, as well as courts in the Student Activities Center and the John Wooden Center.
- Water Polo - Speiker Aquatics Center
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
For certain sessions, campers can receive a $25 discount, per session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
*As there are different cancellation policies for certain camps, please refer to the specific cancellation policy listed on the respective camp's webpage*
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
A new UCLA Sports Camps Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement is required each year for every camper, and must be signed by the camper's parent or guardian before s/he may participate in any camp activities. The waiver may be submitted at the time of registration, or at any point before the start of camp. If the signed waiver has not already been received with registration and payment, a copy will be sent via email.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Athletic Training staff are on duty to administer to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents.