In addition to the team, the fan experience at the Rose Bowl has also never been better. In the spirit of the Associated Press’ annual preseason Top 25 released this past Sunday, a poll in which UCLA weighed in at No. 7 to begin the 2014 season, we have compiled a list of 25 key gameday enhancements and promotions that you should be aware of when attending UCLA’s six home games at the Rose Bowl this upcoming season.
The Pregame Experience
1. The Fan Zone presented by Ralphs is back and bigger than ever. Open to all fans free of charge four hours prior to kick-off, the Fan Zone is located in Lot H, just outside of Gates A & B, and features the Food Zone, Bruin Spirit Zone, UCLA Store, music, UCLA Football team Bruin Walk, interactive displays and a Kids’ Zone.
2. The Ralphs Ultimate Tailgate opens three hours before kickoff and will now feature live music this season from John Lafayette Ramey and the Orchestra. One of UCLA’s most popular pregame tailgating spots has tripled in size this season due to popular demand. It is open to all fans for $25 or FREE with a Ralphs receipt for $25-plus of qualifying purchases. The tailgate includes unlimited food & non-alcoholic beverages, flat-screen televisions and three drink tickets good for beer or wine.
3. The Bruin Bash is coming home. The UCLA Alumni Association has partnered with UCLA Athletics to bring the traditional away game pre-party – The Bruin Bash – to the Rose Bowl this year for all home games. The Bruin Bash is located in the Fan Zone and features delicious food and beverages, games, a DJ and special guests at this new event specifically for UCLA alumni.
4. A new tailgate area located immediately south of the Fan Zone in Area H has been designated for the UCLA Alumni Band and longtime UCLA Alumni tailgating groups.
5. The Lawry’s Tailgate is now open in the Fan Zone for every home game this season. Lawry’s Tailgate is the perfect tailgate for Bruin fans with a penchant for prime-rib. Lawry's opens three hours before kickoff. Admission is $75 and includes unlimited hand-carved prime rib sandwiches, sides, desserts and drinks all while being surrounded by flat-screen televisions.
6. UCLA students now have a place to tailgate with an exclusive space within the Ralphs Ultimate Tailgate inside the Fan Zone. It is open to the first 500 current UCLA students to arrive on gameday. Admission is either $25 cash or a Ralphs receipt with $25-plus of qualifying purchases. The tailgate has flat-screen televisions and live music and features unlimited food and beverages.
7. UCLA season ticket holders are now offered commemorative Tap Cards, which allow fans to take the Metro to the game. Tap Cards cost $40 for the all six home games. The train’s drop-off is near the Parson’s lot in Pasadena where fans can take the Parson’s shuttle to the Rose Bowl.
8. Donors to UCLA Athletics through the Wooden Athletic Fund at certain giving levels now have access to priority parking in Lot A, a grass lot great for tailgating, located in Area H just south of the Fan Zone.
9. UCLA students have the opportunity to purchase deeply discounted season-long passes to ride the Rose Bowl Rooter Bus from campus for $25 for the season, which equals just $4.16 per game. New this year is an expanded loading area to make it easier and faster for UCLA Students to get to the game.
The Gameday Experience
10. Before heading into the stadium, walk through the brand-new Rose Plaza, located outside Gate A. The plaza is a huge mosaic of personalized bricks in the shape of the Tournament of Roses logo and serves as a tribute to the historic Rose Bowl while offering UCLA fans a chance to buy a personalized UCLA logoed brick.
11. The Rose Bowl has added powerful cellular signal boosters to enhance the cellular signals for all fans attending UCLA home games this fall.
12. The Rose Bowl Stadium’s historic field hedges have been re-installed, bringing back an original feature that was pulled out when the venue needed to install a cycling track for the 1932 Summer Olympics.
13. The Blue Moon Club, located in the Terry Donahue Pavilion, will be improved in 2014 with bigger televisions, a new lounge furniture layout, and the opening of Pucks Tavern, a brand new walk-up restaurant with a menu inspired by Wolfgang Puck. The Blue Moon Club is the place to be on game day! Season-long access to the Blue Moon Club is $300 per person. Entry into the Blue Moon Club begins two hours prior to kickoff. Post-game the Blue Moon Club stays open one hour after the last play.
14. Beginning in 2014, Blue Moon Club members have the opportunity to purchase $300 worth of Pucks Tavern food for just $200.
15. A new UCLA Gameday app will be available prior to the first home game, putting gameday information at your fingertips on your mobile device. The official app of UCLA Athletics will be available soon FREE in the App Store for users of iPhones and iPads as well as in Google Play for Android device users. The UCLA Gameday app also will allow fans the ability to upgrade their seats on gameday through their mobile device.
16. Fans can now get mobile ticket delivery to their smartphones. Tickets can be scanned directly from their devices at the gates of the Rose Bowl Stadium.
17. BruWin Rewards, UCLA’s fan rewards program, has been improved with the introduction of a new mobile app. The app allows for an easier check-in process on fan’s mobile devices.
18. New social media gameday features will allow fans the opportunity to “check in” and interact via Facebook at the game. Also, beginning with our game against Utah, the most spirited Instagram photos posted on gameday with #GoBruins will be highlighted on the video board.
Gameday Promotions and Giveaways
19. For the September 6 home opener vs. Memphis, the first 10,000 fans wearing UCLA blue will receive a complimentary UCLA Football Schedule Magnet.
20. The first 10,000 fans wearing UCLA blue to enter the gates for the October 4 game vs. Utah will receive a 2014 UCLA Football Poster.
21. Arrive early for the October 11 game vs. Oregon, as the first 30,000 fans wearing UCLA blue will receive a replica adidas UCLA Football jersey rally towel. And upon exit after the game, 10,000 fans wearing UCLA blue will receive complimentary JELL-O UCLA Mold Kits.
22. On October 11 UCLA will recognize the UCLA Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2014. In addition, Heisman Trophy winner and UCLA legend Gary Beban will be in attendance as our Honorary Captain.
23. UCLA will honor the 60th anniversary of the undefeated 1954 National Championship football team at the November 1 Arizona game. The first 12,000 fans wearing UCLA blue will receive a complimentary tote bag courtesy of the Wooden Athletic Fund. UCLA will also honor and recognize United States Veterans on Armed Forces Appreciation Day.
24. At the November 22 game vs. USC, UCLA will recognize former UCLA All-American quarterback John Sciarra for being selected for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame. Sciarra is the 12th UCLA player inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame and will be in attendance as our Honorary Captain.
25. At the final home game of the season, November 28 vs. Stanford, the first 10,000 fans wearing UCLA blue will receive 2014 UCLA Football Senior Trading Cards. Stay tuned as UCLA is also planning to announce a very special guest who will be joining us for this Friday afternoon game.
The Bruins' 2014 football season kicks off on Saturday, August 30 at Noon ET at Virginia. UCLA's home opener will take place on Saturday, September 6 at 7pm at the Rose Bowl against Memphis. The Bruins have six home games at the Rose Bowl in 2014 – September 6 vs. Memphis, October 4 vs. Utah, October 11 vs. Oregon, November 1 vs. Arizona, November 22 vs. USC and November 28 vs. Stanford. Season tickets for 2014 are on sale now at uclabruins.com. For more information on tickets or the gameday enhancements and promotions, please call 310-825-8699.