Rapp, who attends Palm Desert High School, is currently listed as a 5-Start Recruit (No. 8 in California) in the class of 2014 according to TennisRecruiting.net. He trains at the Andy Scorteanu Tennis Academy.
"We are certainly excited about Austin's choice to become a Bruin," said UCLA head coach Billy Martin. "He is somebody who I think in a year or two can really step in and help us win a national championship. In addition to being a very good doubles player, he's a really good team guy. I know many of our players who know him are happy he's going to be their teammate."
Below are some of Rapp's accomplishments.
* Singles winner at the Boys 18s Regionals in Las Vegas. Finalist in doubles.
* Southern California Sectionals Boys 16s finalist.
* Fifth-place in singles and fourth place in doubles at the Easter Bowl 16s.
* Palm Desert Boys 16s Regional Singles Champion. Finalist in doubles.
* Boys 18s semifinalist in singles at the J.P. Yamasaki Championships. Doubles winner.
* Ranked No. 3 in California in the Boys 16s rankings.
* Ranked in the top-10 in the nation in the 16s.
* Helped Palm Desert to a CIF Team Championship his freshman and sophomore years.
* CIF Individual doubles champion (w/Jack Felich) as a sophomore.
* CIF Individuals singles semifinalist as a junior.