|Head Coach Cyndi Gallagher|
UCLA SWIM CAMP PHILOSOPHY
The UCLA Swim camps are camps designed to provide quality instruction and training for swimmers of all abilities. The purpose of these camps are to specifically develop and improve the four competitive strokes, including starts and turns, in a FUN atmosphere.
YOUTH DAY CAMPS
- Session #1: June 20-23
- Session #2: July 11-14
- Session #3: July 18-21
- Boys & Girls, ages 7-14
- $450 per camper (lunch is not provided)
- Camp hours: 9:00AM-3:00PM
BRUIN ELITE SWIM ACADEMY
- July 8-10
- Boys & Girls, ages 9-18
- $650 Resident
- $520 Commuter
The swim camps take place on the UCLA campus at the Student Activities Center pool, the North Pool and the Spieker Aquatics Center, under the direction of UCLA Head Coach Cyndi Gallagher. She will be joined by a staff of highly qualified and enthusiastic coaches, counselors and collegiate swimmers - including current members of the UCLA Swim team.
The UCLA Swim Day Camps will take place Monday through Thursday, from 9:00AM-3:00PM. Campers should bring a lunch from home, or money to purchase lunch in the nearby Ackerman Student Union. Day Camp Sample Itinerary (A detailed itinerary including check-in location, daily schedule of activities and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers)
DAY CAMP HIGHLIGHTS:
- 2 water sessions each day with relays and games
- Fun activities in-between water sessions
- Tour of the UCLA campus, including the Hall of Fame
- Time at the Ackerman Student Union, including the arcade and student store
- Diving off the boards at Spieker Aquatics Center
BRUIN ELITE SWIM ACADEMY
The Bruin Elite Swim Academy offers an exciting teaching and training opportunity for competitive swimmers, held at the beautiful Spieker Aquatics Center on the UCLA campus. This camp is specifically designed for experienced swimmers that want to immerse themselves in competitive swimming - learning better stroke technique, faster starts and turns, and becoming more knowledgeable on race strategy, mental preparation, goal setting and nutrition. The academy is open to boys and girls that are competitive swimmer, ages 9-18, and it is recommended that campers are currently involved in a competitive swim program. If you want to take your swimming to the next level, come join us at the Bruin Elite Swim Academy! Swim Academy Sample Itinerary (A detailed itinerary including check-in location, daily schedule of activities and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers)
ELITE ACADEMY HIGHLIGHTS
- 5 water sessions - focused technique and drill instruction on all 4 strokes
- Improving starts, turns and relay exchanges
- Video taping and stroke analysis
- Q & A session with members of the UCLA Swim Team
- Fun activities outside of the pool with the counselors and UCLA Swimmers
DAY CAMP CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in will take place on the first day of camp between 8:30 and 9:00AM. The camp runs from 9:00AM to 3:00PM daily. Pick-up will take place at 3:00PM each day. Directions and further instructions will be emailed to you following registration.
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
The UCLA Swimming Camps will take place at the same facilities used by the UCLA Bruins Swim & Dive teams, including the Spieker Aquatics Center, the Student Activities Center, and the North Pool. The Elite Swim Academy will take place exclusively at the Spieker Aquatics Center, which features an all-deep water pool.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit Cards accepted (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) through online registraion. Credit cards will not be accepted in person or over the phone.
- Cash payments only accepted in person
- Full payment ONLY
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies (all fees are per session):
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $25 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $25 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP: Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT*: Additional $50 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) 50% of Camp Cost Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER: Additional $100 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDITS WILL NOT BE GIVEN
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2017 Swim Camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2017 Summer Swim Camps and cannot roll over beyond 2017. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
If you register your child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Parents can receive a $25 discount per eligible camper session, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. When you get to the cart page during registration, enter "WOODENUGFU25" in the Coupon Code field to activate the $25 discount (if applicable). If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COUPON CODE PRIOR TO PAYING FOR CAMP, THE DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE ADDED RETROACTIVELY.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents. In the case that emergency treatment is required, campers will be taken to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital emergency room.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527