Here is the information on this week's Westwood Bruin Touchdown Club
Breakfast with Coach Neuheisel
UCLA Football Players
Johnathan Franklin, RB
Sean Sheller, OT
Tony Dye, SS
Patrick Larimore, LB
UCLA Spirit Squad
Friday Sep 9th--7 am
11301 Olympic Blvd(at Sawtelle)
Cost $30 (includes buffet breakfast, speakers, and parking)
For more information contact Claudia Hart at 310-348-UCLA or email@example.com
Tight end Joseph Fauria has earned honorable mention honors for Tight End Performer of the Week by College Football Performance Awards after his impressive performance against Houston. Fauria hauled in six receptions for 110 yards as both were career-high performances. He also caught a touchdown pass from Richard Brehaut. He becomes the first tight end to gain 100 yards in a game since Marcedes Lewis did so in 2005 against ASU.
Fox Sports Net will televise UCLA's football opener on Saturday from Houston, beginning at 12:30 pm PT. In Los Angeles and other parts of southern California, the game will be on PRIME TICKET HD.
This season, there is a new crew handling the announcing duties for FSN's Pac-12 games. Here is a quick introduction:
Joel Klatt (analyst)
- Klatt is considered one of the Buffaloes' all-time greatest quarterbacks, setting 44 school records as the Colorado starter from 2003-05.
- Klatt finished his Colorado career as the school's all-time leader in passing yards (7,375), touchdowns (44), competition percentage (60.8) and completions (666).
- The Colorado native was a three-sport All-State athlete for Pomona High School in Arvada and was drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 11th round of the 2000 amateur baseball draft and spent three seasons in the Padres minor league system before giving college football a try.
Craig Bolerjack (play-by-play)
- In June 2005, Bolerjack became only the second on-air TV announcer the Utah Jazz has ever had when he signed on with the team and was awarded an Emmy in 2010 for his outstanding NBA play by play.
- Bolerjack joined CBS in 1998 as a college football and NFL play-by-play announcer and also provides play-by-play for CBS's coverage of the Sun Bowl and Gator Bowl.ă€€
- Bolerjack has called play-by-play for the NCAA Tournament and the NCAA Division II Men's Basketball Championship, as well as women's gymnastics, freestyle skiing and has hosted the CBS Sportsdesk from the network's New York studios.
Petros Papadakis (sideline analyst)
- As a player, Papadakis was perhaps best-known for his hard-running style as a short-yardage ball carrier at USC.
- The former tailback has served as the college football analyst for PRIME TICKET, most recently providing commentary for two weekly shows, including "Rick Neuheisel: UCLA Football Weekly." He joined the network in 2001.
- Aside from his television duties, he can be heard weekday afternoons nationally on the Petros and Money Show, on FOX Sports Radio.
UCLA sophomore outside hitter Gonzalo Quiroga on Thursday won the inaugural Off the Block Fan Choice Offseason Award, recognizing the best performance from current NCAA men's volleyball players in international tournaments during the 2011 summer. Quiroga, the captain of the Argentina Youth National Team, garnered 32 percent of the votes, beating out teammate Thomas Amberg, UCI's Carson Clark and BYU's Taylor Sander, among others. Quiroga totaled 141 kills through the first two rounds of the Boys Youth World Championship and led Argentina to a fifth-place finish. Thanks to all who voted for him!