2013 UCLA GIRLS BASKETBALL CAMPS
Back in Pauley Pavilion!
Camps are open to any and all entrants meeting the age/grade requirements
YOUTH DAY CAMP: July 15-18
- Girls, ages 6-12 (girls that have completed the 7th grade cannot attend)
- $325 per camper
- Daily camp hours: 9:00AM-3:00PM
OVERNIGHT CAMP: July 1-3
- Girls, ages 9-18
- $400 - Resident
- $325 - Commuter
ELITE CAMP: June 23-24
- Girls, grades 10-12 in Fall 2013
- Recommended to have 2 years of Varsity experience
- $150 per camper - Resident Only
TEAM CAMP: June 21-23
- High School & Club Teams welcome, Varsity & JV Level
- $600 per team (maximum of 12 players/team)
- $500 for each additional team
- UCLA Dorm Option: $150/person (for Fri/Sat overnight accommodations and meals)
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR THE TEAM CAMP
- Click HERE to print the Team Camp Application
YOUTH DAY CAMP
The UCLA Girls Basketball Youth Day Camp is all about teaching the fundamentals of basketball, building enthusiasm for the game, and creating a healthy, active summer activity. Players from the girls basketball team will serve as counselors - excellent role models for younger basketball players. This camp is great for girls just learning to play, or for those already playing on teams. Be a part of Bruin Basketball this summer. Daily camp hours are 9:00am-3:00pm.
The UCLA Girls Basketball Individual Overnight Camp is the most complete individual basketball experience we offer, for serious players looking to improve their skills on the court. This camp will give you an extensive look at the inside of UCLA basketball, with hands-on development with the UCLA coaching staff and members of the girls basketball team. The camp starts at 5:00pm on the first day, and ends at 12:00pm on the last day. Commuter campers will receive all of the instruction, plus all meals at camp (excluding breakfast).
FACILITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
All UCLA Girls Basketball Camps take place in The New Pauley Pavilion, as well as the Student Activities Center Gym (formerly the Men's Gym). Overnight campers stay in the UCLA residence halls, and meals are served in the award-winning UCLA residential restaurants. The residential restaurants offer a variety of food on an all-you-care-to-eat basis, for a well-rounded, balanced diet. Their food choices range from items like soup and salad bars to American, Italian and various other cuisines. Overnight campers are housed in double- and triple-occupancy rooms, and are supervised by coaches and counselors also staying in the residence hall. Roommate preferences will be accommodated whenever possible, but CANNOT be guaranteed. If no roommate is requested, roommates will be assigned according to age.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR YOUTH, OVERNIGHT & ELITE CAMPS
- NEW USERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- ACCOUNT HOLDERS - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Parents of returning campers can login to their existing account with their email address. Please do not register a new account.
- In order to register by mail, complete the application form and return it to:
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
PO Box 24044
Los Angeles, CA 90024-0044
(Be sure to include your current email address, to which confirmation of your registration will be sent, along with directions, packing instructions, and additional information leading up to the camp. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts.)
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) - accepted only with online registration
Check (by mail only - check payment not available for online registration)
Full payment OR deposit of $150 per session, with the remaining balance due by June 1. (Only full payment is accepted after June 1)
All outstanding balances as of June 2nd will be automatically charged, and lack of payment could result in losing your spot in camp
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
The UCLA Sports Camps Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement is required for every camper, and must be signed by the camper's parent or guardian before s/he may participate in any camp activities. The waiver may be submitted at the time of registration, or at any point before the start of camp. If the signed waiver has not already been received with registration and payment, a copy will be sent via email.
CANCELLATIONS - REFUND/TRANSFER/CREDIT POLICY
Once you register and pay for camp, any cancellation, withdrawal, or transfer will fall under the following policies:
FOR THE DAY, OVERNGIHT & TEAM CAMPS
- PRIOR TO JUNE 1
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $75 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CAMP - additional $20 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT* - Additional $10 Credit Fee
- JUNE 1 - 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP
- CANCELLATION (for any reason): Refund of Amount Paid minus (-) $150 Cancellation Fee
- TRANSFER - Additional $35 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT* - Additional $25 Credit Fee
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CAMP START
- CANCELLATION (for any reason) - NO REFUNDS
- TRANSFER - Additional $50 Transfer Fee
- FUTURE CAMP CREDIT - NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN PAST THIS DEADLINE
- IF YOUR CAMPER IS INJURED WHILE AT CAMP
- If the proper doctor's note is provided, you will receive a credit towards 2014 summer girls basketball camps, for a pro-rated amount of the camp cost minus (-) the time spent in camp.
- VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL/CAMP DISMISSAL
- For campers that leave camp due to voluntary withdrawal or dismissal from camp, there will be no refunds of any kind. Some examples of voluntary withdrawal consist of, but are not limited to - homesickness, doctor's appointment, birthday parties, school functions, etc.
*Future Camp Credit will count towards 2014 summer girls basketball camps and cannot roll over beyond 2014. A credit can ONLY be used for a future camp and cannot be refunded.
FOR THE ELITE CAMP
There is a $25 per-session cancellation fee for ALL cancellations made at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp. If cancellation, for any reason including medical, is made within two weeks of the camp, there is a $50 cancellation fee. NO REFUNDS will be issued for cancellation after this time.
If you sign-up yout child for camp and they do not attend, you will not receive a refund. ALL cancellations must be submitted in writing (by fax or email). You will receive an emailed confirmation of your cancellation request once it has been received. No-shows on any day of camp will NOT be refunded/credited for any reason. Camp dismissal can occur for any violation of the camper's code of conduct.
UCLA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
Campers can receive a $25 discount for the Day, Overnight & Team Camps, if the person paying for the camp is a current member of the following:
- UCLA Alumni Association
- UCLA Faculty
- UCLA Staff
- Wooden Athletic Fund
- Chancellor's Associates
- Bruin Varsity Club
- UCLA Rec Card Holders
Current membership information must be on file with the Camp Office. If you have not already done so, upon registration you will be prompted to enter your membership identification number. This number will be used to verify your account's status. If your membership number is invalid, you will not receive the discount, and your camper's account will maintain a $25 balance per session. A photocopy of your membership card or UCLA faculty/staff ID can be submitted in order for the discount to be verified. (This discount is applicable only if the person paying for the camp is a member of one of the above groups) You may scan and email a copy of your card, or you may fax it to (310) 206-7527.
HEALTH CARE & INSURANCE
Each camper must provide his/her own medical insurance. Parents or guardians will be billed for any medical care given at the UCLA Medical Center or at other hospital facilities. Members of the UCLA Student-Athletic Training staff are on duty to tend to minor injuries or illness. Trainers can hold or even refrigerate prescription medication or aspirin/ibuprofen, but are NOT responsible for administering it. In the case of injury or illness, the parents will be contacted immediately, so please be sure to list your cell phone numbers, as well as the cell phone number of an emergency contact other than the parents.
UCLA Bruins Sports Camps
Phone: (310) 206-3550
Fax: (310) 206-7527
For more information on UCLA Recreation Summer Camps such as Bruin Kids and Strokes, click the bear above.