UCLA coaches and student-athletes participate in community outreach activities on campus and throughout the greater Los Angeles area each year.
To request a guest speaker or special appearance please complete the attached Community Outreach Form .
According to NCAA Bylaw 22.214.171.124, UCLA student-athletes can participate in charitable/non-profit activities only under the following conditions:
- the student-athlete does not miss class
- the student-athlete receives written approval from the Director of Athletics (or designee)
- all monies derived from the activity will go directly to the charitable/non-profit agency
- the specific activity in which the student-athlete participates does not involve co-sponsorship, advertisement, or promotion by a commercial agency other than the reproduction of the sponsoring company's officially registered trademark or logo on printed materials
- the student-athlete may only accept legitimate and normal expenses (i.e., meals and travel) from the institution or charitable/non-profit agency
- the student-athlete signs this release statement prior to the activity
- the student-athlete's name, picture, or appearance is not utilized to promote the commercial ventures of the agency
- commercial items with names, likenesses or pictures of multiple student-athletes (single S/As not permitted at all) may be sold only at the member institution where the student-athletes are enrolled
Ashley Armstrong, Director of Student-Athlete Development
Phone: (310) 206-7121
Fax: (310) 206-7047