2011 UCLA Football
Vehicle Tailgating Guidelines
Tailgating is an enjoyable part of the game day fan experience. UCLA is committed to creating a fan-friendly environment that is safe for all to enjoy. You as fans play an important role. For your safety and the enjoyment of all, we ask that you please help by observing these tailgating guidelines:
- Pasadena Police, security and parking personnel will be present to ensure that you enjoy the game in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Tailgating Ambassadors will continuously patrol the lots to provide information and assistance and to ensure that tailgaters comply with established guidelines. Tailgating Ambassadors will be dressed in green uniforms and will be on bicycles.
- General parking lots (golf course, ball diamonds, Area H, West Drive RV parking) open six (6) hours prior to kick-off. Wooden Athletic Fund and Staff Reserved Lots (C, D, F, G, I, K, M, P) with permits open earlier. When entering the parking lot, it is important to follow directions from parking personnel. Please note that there are no "in and out" privileges for vehicles.
- Overnight parking is prohibited.
- Parking lots close 90 minutes following the conclusion of the game.
- Parking is first-come, first-served. No saving of parking spaces is permitted.
- Please be respectful to fans around you, other vehicles and stadium property.
- Roadways, aisles and other parking areas must be kept clear of tailgating equipment so that other vehicles and emergency personnel may park or pass through.
- Tailgating at your vehicle should not interfere with the normal flow of traffic. Tailgating Ambassadors will patrol these areas to ensure compliance.
- Guests must tailgate in front of or behind their vehicle only.
- A small tent (not larger than 10'x10') may be erected in front of or behind your vehicle only.
- Open flames are not permitted in any tailgate or parking area. Charcoal grills are not permitted in the RV parking area (West Drive). All barbecue grills must be raised off the ground.
- Charcoal grills are permitted in most tailgate areas. Please dispose of charcoal properly after use.
- Please do not use glass containers. All drinks should be placed in plastic/disposable cups.
- Please do your best to clean up your tailgating area before entering the game. Bring trash bags with you to dispose of trash. Neatly tied trash bags can be left at your tailgate area or taken to dumpsters located throughout the parking lot areas. Please refrain from leaving loose trash and litter in the parking areas.
- Playing of games that involve the consumption of alcohol or use of alcohol-related paraphernalia are prohibited.
- Use of controlled substances and underage drinking are against the law.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages in tailgating areas after kick-off is prohibited.
- Selling of items or soliciting of any promotional or marketing activities are prohibited without written authorization from UCLA and the Rose Bowl Operating Company. For additional information, contact UCLA/IMG (310) 267-4867.
- Excessively loud amplified music (such as DJ's or live entertainment) are prohibited. Music with inappropriate language is prohibited in the tailgating areas.
- Box trucks, trailers, grill in-tow or any catering service from an outside source are not permitted in parking lots.
- Tailgate areas are for tailgating only. Organized, large-scale parties will be accommodated only in specific areas of Rose Bowl parking lots and must be arranged in advance through UCLA and Rose Bowl Management. Examples of organized, large-scale parties include, but are not limited to: tents larger than 10'x 10'; rental furniture, on-site catered food; fencing; reserved space; amplified sound; commercial grills, corporate or commercially sponsored parties. For more information concerning organized parties, contact UCLA Athletics, (310) 206-9892.
- FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE GUIDELINES, ALONG WITH ALL APPLICABLE CITY, STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS, STADIUM OR UCLA POLICIES MAY RESULT IN CITATION OR ARREST AS WELL AS LOSS OF TAILGATING PRIVILEGES AND/OR GAME TICKETS.
- If you need assistance or observe a potential problem, contact Tailgating Ambassadors, Police or Parking Personnel or call 911.
- To print a convenient gameday flyer with new tailgating and parking procedures overview, click here.
CLick for Bruin Video